Barbara Solomon Healing
• I was born & raised in Pittsburgh, PA and moved to Oregon in the early 70's.
• I became a medical assistant in 1975 & RN in 1985 and soon began to see the benefit of a holistic approach to health care and understand the mind/body connection.
• During the late 80's, I was introduced to Acupressure, Therapeutic Touch and Reiki.
• As a nurse, I worked in a variety of areas including doctor's offices, ICU, long term care, staff development & instruction, and clinical research.
• I began training at the Oregon College of Oriental Medicine (OCOM) in 1999 & worked in their newly created Research Department.
• During the 4-year Master of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (MAOM) program, in addition to learning Chinese medical philosophy and over 365 acupoints, I was taught reflexology, tui na, become a certified Qi Gong instructor and, in 2016, a Lineage Holder of Chinese Essence Qi Gong.
• Outside of school I became a Reiki Master. I have also completed coursework in Holistic Coaching, Aroma Acupoint Therapy ™ and became a certified facilitator of the IONS Conscious Aging Workshop program.
• I am licensed as an acupuncturist in both Pennsylvania and Oregon but I have retired my nursing licenses.
• I remained with the OCOM Research Department for 8 years. and am an active Diplomate of the National Certification Commission of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM).
• I returned to Pittsburgh, in 2010 to care for my mom, who was in poor health. Shortly after, I heard Dr. Eric Pearl speak about Reconnective Healing®, and something resonated within me; I felt this was the direction I was meant to go. I am now a Reconnective Healing Foundational Practitioner and a Reconnection-Certified Practitioner.
• I have joined the team at the Reconnective Life Community as a L.I.F.E. Leader and love it!
• I returned to Oregon in the summer of 2014 and am now accepting clients, so call or email me.
• I volunteer with the SMART reading program, the Portland Veterans Acupuncture Project, the Gresham Art Committee, and am a Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA).
• I look forward to walking with you along your healing path!
Thank you for your interest in Barbara Solomon Healing!