Barbara Solomon Healing
- I was born & raised in Pittsburgh, PA and moved to Oregon in the early 70's.
- I became a medical assistant in 1975 & RN in 1985. Began to see the benefit of a holistic approach to health care and understand the mind/body connection.
- During the late 80's, I was introduced to Acupressure, Therapeutic Touch and Reiki.
- As a nurse, I worked in a variety of areas including doctor's offices, long term care, staff development & instruction, ICU, and clinical research.
- I began training at the Oregon College of Oriental Medicine (OCOM) in 1999 & worked in their newly created Research Department.
- During the 4-year Master of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (MAOM) program, in addition to learning Chinese medical philosophy and the over 365 acupoints, I was taught reflexology, tui na, become a certified Qi Gong instructor and, in 2016, a Lineage Holder of Chinese Essence Qi Gong.
- Outside of school I became a Reiki Master. I remained with the OCOM Research Department for 8 years.
- I returned to Pittsburgh, in 2010 to care for my mom, who was in poor health. Shortly after, I heard Dr. Eric Pearl speak about Reconnective Healing®, and something resonated within me; I felt this was the direction I was meant to go. Reconnective Healing uses newly discovered frequencies to enhance and promote healing.
- I recently joined the team at the Reconnective Life Community as a L.I.F.E. Leader and love it!
- I have also completed coursework in Holistic Coaching, Aroma Acupoint Therapy ™ and became a certified facilitator of the IONS Conscious Aging Workshop program.
- I am licensed as an acupuncturist in both Pennsylvania and Oregon but retired my Oregon & PA RN licenses.
- I am an active Diplomate of the National Certification Commission of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM).
- Returning to Oregon in the summer of 2014, I am now semi-retired and accepting a limited number of clients, so call me!
- I volunteer with the SMART reader program, the Portland Veterans Acupuncture Project, the Gresham Art Committee, and am a Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA).
- I look forward to walking with you along your healing path!
Thank you for your interest in Barbara Solomon Healing!